The Polo Grounds
Stadium opened in 1889 when the New York Giants moved to Coogans Hollow, a meadow below Coogans Bluff
The shining star of Marcus Garvey’s Universal Negro Improvement Association UNIA movement offices located at 54-56 West 135th Street
home of the Black Star Steamship Line, Inc.,
in NYC from 1919 to 1922.Continue reading
One of the earlier steamboats to ply the waters of the Hudson River, the “American Eagle
” made her appearance in 1831.Continue reading
Cherry Walk is part of the Riverside Walk, a continuous four-mile-long path along the Hudson River
from 72nd to 158th Street in Harlem, NY
Unidentified boy with water container photographed by James Reuel Smith at an old rough Well
on the Hudson River shore (to the right) looking southeast from West 158th Street, in Harlem, NY, May 13, 1898.
A great, clear photograph by James Reuel Smith looking northwest taken of the Wells and Springs
building on the shoreline of the Hudson River (with a ship passing in the distance), from the other side of the railroad tracks, between West 122nd and 123rd Streets in West Harlem
, New York, on September 28, 1897.