Here’s the schedule:
Tuesday, August 15th, 2017 from 7PM – 9PM -Stew and The Negro Problem
- Playwright and singer/songwriter Stew and his band The Negro Problem present an irreverent homage to the “original black-punk-novelist” James Baldwin at Marcus Garvey Park.
Wednesday, August 16th, 2017 from 7PM –9PM – Bilal / DJ Reborn in association with Jill Newman Productions
- Grammy award winning musician, composer and producer Bilal will perform along with a DJ set from DJ Reborn in association with Jill Newman Productions – at Marcus Garvey Park.
Thursday, August 17th, 2017 from 8PM – 9PM – Step Afrika!
- World’s first dance company dedicated to stepping, Step Afrika! will perform. We will also be hosting a dance workshop for all ages and levels at 7PM – at Marcus Garvey Park.
Saturday, August 19th, 2017 from 5PM –7PM – Jim Jones
- Harlem raised and Roc Nation signee most known for his top single, “We Fly High,” Jim Jones will be performing at MarcusGarvey Park.
Sunday, August 20th, 2017 from 5PM –7PM – Def Poets: A Reunion
- Def Poets brings together a performance from urban poets, Ursula Rucker, Jessica Care Moore, Mums, Steve Colman, Vanessa Hidary, Bonafide Rojas and Toni Blackman, in association with Manifesto. There will also be a poetry workshop hosted by Ursula Rucker and Derrik Cross at 4PM.
Get more information here City Parks Foundation
Get the best Harlem news in your inbox here.