Living with knee osteoarthritis can be tough — the discomfort and limited movement make it a real challenge.
It happens due to wear and tear on the knee cartilage linked to factors like age, genetics, and past injuries. Durolane steps in as a potential solution for pain relief and mobility improvement. These hyaluronic acid injections take a unique approach to tackle the causes of knee joint pain. As we explore how long Durolane injections last, we’ll uncover its benefits and possible drawbacks. Keep reading to have all the details for an informed decision.
How Does Durolane Work?
Durolane is a hyaluronic acid injection designed by Bioventus for knee pain management. This acid is a natural substance in the human body. It acts as a lubricant and cushion in the joints. People with knee osteoarthritis experience a reduction of the joint fluid, which can lead to pain, stiffness, and swelling. Durolane is injected directly into the affected knee joint to restore the levels of hyaluronic acid. This dermal filler creates a cushion that absorbs osteoarthritis pain and provides less painful movement. Consult with your healthcare provider to plan Durolane treatment and determine the number of injections.
How Much Time Does Durolane Take to Settle?
After a Durolane treatment with a single injection, it takes 28–48 hours for hyaluronic acid injections to settle in the knee joint. The full settlement of the filler may take up to two weeks. The gel integrates with the joint, providing lubrication and reduced pain. You can resume your normal activities, but it is important to listen to your body and rest if you experience any pain or discomfort.
What Are the Advantages of Durolane Injections?
These advantages underscore why Durolane injections stand out as a compiling solution:
- Natural component: Durolane injection harnesses the power of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring in the body. Hyaluronic acid treatment is considered safe and well-tolerated.
- Joint lubrication instead of joint replacement surgery: The injection enhances the level of joint fluids, promoting smoother movement and reduced friction. It treats the root cause of knee osteoarthritis and offers a non-invasive solution for pain relief.
- Comfortable procedure: While other treatments may necessitate extensive physical therapy, Durolane is minimally invasive and fosters a healthy joint without the need for prolonged rehabilitation.
- Reduce inflammation: As Durolane adds lubrication, joints have less friction. That is why inflammation becomes less pronounced.
- Single injection convenience: Clinically proven that Durolane’s efficacy is comparable to 5-injection therapies in providing effective pain relief. Compared to other hyaluronic acid preparations, the single-injection approach reduces the frequency of injections and simplifies the treatment process.
- Clinical efficacy: Backed by clinical studies, Durolane has demonstrated not only a reduction in pain but also the joint’s protective properties and improvements in overall knee function.
How Long Does Durolane Last?
Patients often inquire, “How long does Durolane last”. The effects of Durolane, a hyaluronic acid treatment, are not permanent. The hyaluronic acid eventually breaks down. The duration of effects after Durolane injections can vary, but most patients experience pain relief for at least 6 months. In some cases, the effect may last for up to 12 months.
What Factors Can Durolane Longevity Affect?
Most factors are connected with medical conditions and the dosage of Durolane to have the desired outcome.
- The severity of knee osteoarthritis: The more severe the level of illness, the less likely Durolane will last long and maybe additional injections will be needed to keep the effect. If your pain is severe or does not respond to Durolane, your doctor may advise other drugs to treat knee osteoarthritis. In some cases, they may recommend surgery, steroid injections, or physiotherapy.
- Overall health: Patients with good health tend to have better longevity of the results.
- Individual response: Some patient due to their health condition, anatomy, or metabolism may have more lasting effects after Durolane injection.
- Number of injections: Individuals who undergo multiple Durolane injections may find that the duration of relief extends due to accumulative effects, offering longer-lasting benefits.
Note: The decision to administer more than one injection is assessed by a medical professional, taking into account the severity of knee osteoarthritis and the patient’s response to the initial treatment. This approach aims to optimize and prolong the positive effects of Durolane injection.
What Are the Side Effects of Durolane Treatment?
Durolane treatment is generally well-tolerated, offering relief from knee osteoarthritis. However, there are potential side effects: mild pain, localized swelling, redness at the injection site, and joint stiffness. Severe reactions, like infections or allergic reactions, are rare. In case, they happen, contact your healthcare provider promptly.
When Are Durolane Injections Not Advised?
Durolane injection is not recommended if you’re experiencing skin disease, allergies to any ingredients, or other medical conditions. During pregnancy and breastfeeding, it is advised to postpone the procedure. It’s important to discuss with your healthcare provider your health condition and Durolane suitability for you.
How Much Does Durolane Cost?
Wondering about Durolane price? OGOMED has your back. They offer competitive rates for Durolane, ensuring relief for your knee pain without breaking the bank. Check out their exclusive aesthetic products and feel comfortable to select the best option for you. Don’t let knee pain limit you — explore affordable solutions at OGOMED today!
Durolane emerges as a promising solution for those grappling with knee osteoarthritis. Its unique single-injection approach, coupled with natural hyaluronic acid, provides effective and clinically proven pain relief. Consider Durolane for a convenient, minimally invasive path to improve knee health and a better quality of life.