Daily, both our feet and hands are exposed to compromising circumstances such as harsh weather conditions and dirt. Therefore, they are two of the most vulnerable parts of the body. To keep them in excellent shape, manicures and pedicures become key parts of our body care.
Importance of manicure and pedicure
- They play key roles in the fundamental care of the nails hence reducing the chances of any nail infection such as nail fungus
- Nails grooming done during manicure and pedicure keep the nails in the best shape, preventing nail problems such as chipping, breaking, dry cuticles, broken skin, and hangnails.
- They help to exfoliate the skin as well as remove calluses from the feet
- The accompanying massage enhances blood flow to these body extremes hence ensuring the skin is well stretched.
The benefits above are only a few among many other benefits of manicure and pedicure. Therefore, it is obvious we all need these protections for our feet and hands. Fortunately, you can do your manicure and pedicure at home, saving cost and time. To make this easy for you, we want to share with you some of the tips you need for a perfect manicure or pedicure. They are easy and do not require a lot of time.
5 Tips For A Perfect Manicure or Pedicure
1. Get your tools ready and clean your nails
The very first thing you need to do to have a perfect manicure or pedicure is to get all the essential tools ready. Make sure tools such as cuticle remover, nail clippers, nail polish remover, hand moisturizer, cuticle pusher, base coat, nail polish, etc. are kept handy. Once your tools are set, clean the nails. This could include remover of previously applied nail polish. When removing previous nail polish, use nail polish remover and be as gentle as possible to avoid damaging the nail.
2. Select nail shape
After cleaning your nails, the next step is to select the shape of the nail you want. The shapes available include oval, edge, square, round, almond, stiletto, and squoval. Once you have chosen the nail shape you want, the next thing is to shape your nails accordingly. Then use the cuticle pusher to push the cuticles backward. Again, this must be done carefully to avoid damaging the skin or stunting nails growth.
After trimming the nail, the next step is to pamper your nails and cuticles. Use a good moisturizer to moisturize the nails and cuticles to keep them hydrated and healthy. This is important because components of the nail polish remover have drying effects. Then apply two layers of base coats on the nails. Base coats protect your nails as well as keep the nail polish as long as possible.
Note: coconut oil can serve as your moisturizer; it has a great soothing effect. However, if you have oily skin, you may want to rethink this.
4. Apply your nail polish
This is exactly where your mind has been all along. We all have mixed experiences at this level there we will be giving your tips to make it better.
- Apply even coats of the desired color of nail polish
- Do subtle art on them with your sleek nip gel pens
- Use tapes to achieve the kind of shape you want
Importance of Choosing the Right Nail Polish Brand
In getting the perfect manicure or pedicure, one of the most important factors is getting the right brand of nail polish. There are so many nail polish brands in the market that getting the right one may be challenging even for the best of us. However, it is worth any effort put into it. The merits of choosing the right nail polish brand include:
- To preserve nail health: one of the greatest benefits of getting the right nail polish brand is the preservation of the health of the nail and surrounding skin. Myriads of nail polish brands have too many toxic ingredients. These ingredients cause damages to the nail and/or surrounding skin in the long run. While there’s frankly no totally safe nail polish brand, it is vital for ones with fewer harsh ingredients.
- Durability: another key factor for choosing the right nail polish brand is durability. The best nail polish brands have been able to strike a healthy balance between durability and safety.
- Professional look: some nail brands are made to effortlessly look professional even when the manicure or pedicure is done at home by a usual nail enthusiast. Choose nail polish brands that appear even and solid enough at just a layer because this helps your manicure or pedicure look professional always.
5. Drying your nails
When you are through creating your desired kind or pattern of nail polish, the final step is to dry the nails. Do not use a hairdryer for this purpose as this could cause nail and cuticle damage. Simply place your nails under a fan but not too close to avoid the formation of bubbles.
For longer nail polish experience, place your hands under running water. You may place them in very cold water if you are rushing.
Taking care of your feet and hands is a very important aspect of the total body care. You must give proper attention to manicure and pedicure so that your hands and feet can be in their best shape. Now that you know 5 very easy tricks of doing your manicure or pedicure at home, your feet and hands should start enjoying the benefits of this treatment. Do not use nail polish with harsh chemicals on your nails to avoid damaging them or the surrounding skin. I recommend the use of antifungal nail polish. Also, do not forget your nails need to breathe, hence keep them without nail polish as often as possible.
Become an Harlem World Insider - Sign-Up For Our Newsletter!