Starting this weekend, VoteRunLead.org will kick off their national “Run As You Are” tour by going on the road and bringing its popular workshops to 10+ cities with at least 15 events throughout the country to mobilize and train women interested in elected office. VoteRunLead is also launching a specialized three-part “Run As You Are” online course. The tour is a national call for women throughout America to learn how to gain the skills and knowledge to run for office right now. Through VoteRunLead.org workshops and seminars as well as in partnership with other organizations such as The United State of Women’s Galvanize Summits, New American Leaders Project and Young Women Run, VoteRunLead.org will train thousands more women that have been inspired to throw their hat into the political arena. Women can also request the Run As You Are Tour comes to their city.
From Harlem the upcoming training sessions, web classes and tour requests forms are detailed on VoteRunLead.org‘s website and include:
- June 9-10: VoteRunLead workshop at New American Leaders Project “Ready to Rise” in-person training in New York, NY
- June 16: Philanthropy NY “Power, Participation, Democracy Building Now” opening panel in New York, NY
- June 17: VoteRunLead “Run As You Are: What Office Should I Run For” online course, Part 1 of 3, at VoteRunLead.org
- June 20: VoteRunLead and The New American Leaders Project presents “Running for Office: Pipelining Nonprofit Leaders” webinar hosted by NonProfitVote.org
- June 30: VoteRunLead “Run As You Are: How to Create Your 2018 Finance Plan” online course, Part 2 of 3, at VoteRunLead.org
- July 11: VoteRunLead “Run As You Are: Story, Power, and Persuasion” online course, Part 3 of 3, at VoteRunLead.org
- July 17: VoteRunLead “Young Women Run: Step Into Your Political Power” with Ignite National and Running Start two day training program
- July 20: VoteRunLead “Run As You Are Tri-State” in-person training in New York, NY
Registration information and links are available at voterunlead.org/events. And if you want VoteRunLead.org to come to you, there’s a special form you can fill out win the chance to bring these trainings directly to your community!
“Today, we are ready to criss-cross the country and generate a new crop of leaders. Women are seeking the how to’s of running for office to take control of our democracy and VoteRunLead is ready to help them do it,” said Erin Vilardi, founder and CEO of VoteRunLead.org. “VoteRunLead is a political training powerhouse. We have years of experience training women to run for office – whether it is for the local school board, the town council, state legislature or on the national stage. We are in a pivotal time in history right now with a never before seen surge of women interested in running. This is a real opportunity to not only increase the number of women running, but to put forth a diversity of ideas, perspectives and experiences to shape the future.”
Vilardi noted that men still hold 80 percent of elected offices, with women in only 83 out of 435 seats in the House of Representatives and only 21 of 100 seats in the U.S. Senate. There are only four current female US governors and only 19 female mayors of the largest 100 cities.
“We have 500,000 elected positions in the United States and it is time for women to have equal representation. We’ve been stuck at 20 percent up and down government for too long,” said Vilardi. “VoteRunLead.org 2017 Run As You Are tour creates in person and unique online opportunities for women to gather, plan, and start their campaigns, on top of the more than 60 online resources and free coaching sessions available to VoteRunLead alumnae.”
Since last fall’s general election, VoteRunLead.org has had more than 7,000 women sign up for its online and in-person workshops that train women to run for office. And women across the country have answered the call. In fact, in post-workshop surveys, 60 percent of women indicated they will be running for office within the next three years! That’s 60 percent by 2020 — more women that have indicated they are interested in running than at any other time in our history.
To learn more about VoteRunLead.org’s training sessions and events, visit voterunlead.org/events and click on Trainings and Events, Resource Library and/or VoteRunLead Live Replays.
Photo credit: gloria-steinmen-in-support-of-women.