Join the Harlem partnership of the Museum of the City of New York and El Museo del Barrio for their third annual Uptown Bounce series of summer block parties! On four consecutive Wednesday evenings, sample distinctive New York DJs with 4 free Block Parties, music and dancing (including dance lessons), and enjoy gallery talks and tours, art workshops, summer drinks, and local food
Wednesday, July 27 from 6:00 – 9:00 pm | Miércoles 27 de Julio de las 6 a las 9 de la tarde at the Museum of the City of New York | El Museo de la Ciudad de Nueva York
Boogie Down to 70’s Hits | Baila a ritmo de los hits de los 70
- Misbehaviour of Mobile Mondays! spinning Disco and Dance Skate Classics
- Roller-skating dancers Space Age with hula hoopers Betty Jackson King and Brooklyn Proper
- “Waacking” dance lessons from Princess Lockeroo
Wednesday, August 3 from 6:00 – 9:00 pm at The Museum of the City of New York A Tribute to Prince
- Joey Carvello of Mobile Mondays! and DJ Woof spinning the Purple One’s grooves
- Carlos Neto teaching street jazz dance moves
Wednesday, August 10 from 6:00 – 9:00 pm at the Museum of the City of New York NYC’s Greatest Hits
Shop The Best Harlem World!
- Misbehaviour of Mobile Mondays! and DJ Evil Dee spins the Big Apple’s most memorable songs
- Karen NG’s dance troupe performs with trumpeter Omar Akil Little
Wednesday, August 17 from 6:00 – 9:00 pm at the Museum of the City of New York 80’s Dance Party
- Misbehaviour of Mobile Mondays! and Boogie Blind spin Hip-Hop, Pop, and New Wave!
- Uko Snowbunny teaches Hip-Hop dance