Just like last year, there will be an outdoor stage with a large variety of multi-cultural entertainment, over 50 independent, local vendors and exhibitors on the street, and other activities going on throughout the day for all age groups.
This year we are “Empowering East Harlem” through various featured activities found in our “Power Stations.”
· The Power of Art: We’re showcasing a Mini Museum Mile of exhibitions brought to you by the Metropolitan Museum of Art, the New York Transit Museum, the National Jazz Museum, the Museum of the City of New York and El Museo del Barrio.
· The Power of Craft: Arts and Crafts are recognized ways to relieve stress and promote creativity. They’re also downright fun!
· The Power of Exercise: Learn ZUMBA and Tai Chi from experts as they pump up the energy on the main stage.
· The Power of Beauty: Enjoy makeovers from the experts from MAC Cosmetics.
· The Power of Health: Thanks to the Charles B. Wang Community Health Center and the National Association of Hispanic Nurses, we will be able to provide free blood pressure or bone density testing, and health education and counseling in English, Spanish and Mandarin.
· The Power of Good Nutrition: Delicious cooking demonstrations and tastings by SMART University, local cookbook author Eris Garriga and area restaurants, such as Blue CoCo.
Also, we are bringing back two special activities that have been particularly popular among the little ones: a wild animal zoo and pony rides in our community garden.In addition, we will have face painting, a clown, popcorn, cotton candy, a basketball tournament and fashion shows for the young adults.
Saturday, May 16, 2015, 11:00am to 5:00pm
Union Settlement,104th Street, between 2nd & 3rd Avenues, East Harlem, New York,
Become an Harlem World Insider - Sign-Up For Our Newsletter!