The holidays are the best time of year for family and friends to come together over a delicious meal. McCall Farms is offering one-of-a-kind recipes for desserts, casseroles and more to celebrate in the merriment of the season.
“(We) provide recipes that will be enjoyed by family and friends as they make lasting memories during the holidays,” shares Annie Ham, marketing director at McCall Farms.
Here’s a recipe for loved ones for this holiday season:
Bruce’s Sweet Potato Bread
- 1-1/2 cans (15 oz) Bruce’s Yams, drained
- 1-1/4 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flower
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Combine sugar and oil; beat well
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg
- Stir flour mixture into egg mixture alternately with water
- Stir in Bruce’s Yams and chopped nuts
- Pour batter into greased 9×5 inch loaf pan
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 50 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean
One of America’s leading producers of farm fresh canned vegetables and fruit, McCall Farms has been cultivating food for more than 177 years. For more information, visit www.margaretholmes.com.
Leave a comment below and email us you you make this recipe.