This year, email celebrates its 55 anniversary. Even though it loses the communication competition, it’s still an indispensable attribute of our everyday work. We often hear that the time of mailing services has passed, and social networks and instant messengers have become the center of digital communication. But email has its advantages. Read below about new tasks and further transformation of email clients.
Before diving into details, take a look at the advanced Outlook software on https://www.outlooktransfer.com/ which is especially helpful in case you need to migrate from one mailing service to Outlook.
The Present of Email Services
There are two main purposes of why people use email services:
- For work – Its main function has practically not changed over the years. Emails are still sent to colleagues or customers. In recent years, mailing services have received many new functions that make their work more convenient and efficient. For example, you can attach files directly from the cloud or edit documents online.
- For personal usage – The approach to using email for personal use has changed dramatically. Now mailing services do not practically perform the function of communication. However, they received completely new features.
As you can see, mailing programs became a center for collecting information about human digital life. People use them to make hotel reservations and book airline tickets, get receipts from online stores, bank statements, medical test results, notifications from government agencies, etc. The task of modern mailing services is to help users manage this huge flow of information and to show what is important.
The Future of Mailing Services
In recent years, email services have acquired new features that make them competitive in the digital world. First of all, it is about making the work with incoming letter flow and internal information search easier. Some of the current trends allow us to predict the future of mailing services:
- Auto-creation of an email subject based on the content;
- Auto-translation of text into any language, including sign language;
- Intelligent assistants that choose the style of writing depending on the recipient (business, friendly, official, etc.);
- Autocompletion of the answer;
- Search for a contact, even if it is not in the address book;
- Sorting emails based on the preferences of a particular user;
- AI-based smart spam filters.
A lot of options can be created based on user preferences, personal information, social networks, and other data that are already being collected by major companies. The revolution in the use of email will not happen, but the number of practical tasks that can be solved will continue to grow. Perhaps, the work with the list of letters will be replaced by a completely new format of interaction, when a smart interface will choose everything that is important and requires our attention, and help solve these problems as quickly and conveniently as possible.
What email features do you use in your everyday life? Share your answers with us in the comments.