The New York Women’s Chamber of Commerce writes that the small business recovery grant program will provide funding to small and micro-businesses.
This includes small for-profit independent arts and cultural organizations to help them recover from the economic impact of the pandemic.
with priority being given to socially and economically disadvantaged business owners, including minority- and women-owned business enterprises, service-disabled veteran-owned businesses, and veteran-owned businesses, and businesses located in economically distressed communities.
Grants will be for a minimum award of $5,000 and a maximum award of $50,000 and will be calculated based on a New York State business’s annual gross receipts for 2019.
Reimbursable COVID-19 related expenses must have been incurred between March 1, 2020, and April 1, 2021, and can include:
- Payroll costs
- Commercial rent or mortgage payments for NYS-based property
- Payment of local property or school taxes
- Insurance costs
- Utility costs
- Costs of personal protection equipment (PPE) necessary to protect worker and consumer health and safety
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) costs
- Other machinery or equipment costs
- Supplies and materials necessary for compliance with COVID-19 health and safety protocols
ESD has created a website –NYSBusinessRecovery.ny.gov – to highlight the various resources available to support small businesses seeking pandemic relief.
The website will be continuously updated with more details and funding information as it becomes available.
Become an Harlem World Insider - Sign-Up For Our Newsletter!