The New York Women’s Chamber of Commerce writes that the small business recovery grant program will provide funding to small and micro-businesses.
This includes small for-profit independent arts and cultural organizations to help them recover from the economic impact of the pandemic.
with priority being given to socially and economically disadvantaged business owners, including minority- and women-owned business enterprises, service-disabled veteran-owned businesses, and veteran-owned businesses, and businesses located in economically distressed communities.
Grants will be for a minimum award of $5,000 and a maximum award of $50,000 and will be calculated based on a New York State business’s annual gross receipts for 2019.
Reimbursable COVID-19 related expenses must have been incurred between March 1, 2020, and April 1, 2021, and can include:
- Payroll costs
- Commercial rent or mortgage payments for NYS-based property
- Payment of local property or school taxes
- Insurance costs
- Utility costs
- Costs of personal protection equipment (PPE) necessary to protect worker and consumer health and safety
- Heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) costs
- Other machinery or equipment costs
- Supplies and materials necessary for compliance with COVID-19 health and safety protocols
ESD has created a website –NYSBusinessRecovery.ny.gov – to highlight the various resources available to support small businesses seeking pandemic relief.
The website will be continuously updated with more details and funding information as it becomes available.