The New York City Department of Emergency Management has issued a weather alert for Saturday, January, 6th – Sunday, January, 7, 2024.
According to the National Weather Service, light snow and a wintry mix begin Saturday afternoon, becoming likely by the evening. Rain and snow continue overnight, with snow in the northern areas of the city and rain along the coast.
Precipitation will taper off Sunday morning with spotty snow showers possible through the early evening. Wind gusts of 30 to 35 mph and minor coastal flooding will also be possible.
The latest forecast calls for 1-3 inches of wet snow in the northern boroughs with less than 0.5 inch along the southern coast. If conditions worsen, 3-5 inches of snow will be possible in northern areas with 1-2 inches elsewhere.
Slick roadways and minor travel impacts will be possible due to snow and slush. Icy conditions are not expected at this time.
- First Glimpse: The Met’s Historic Harlem Renaissance Exhibition
- The Mayer’s Op-Ed: Social Media And Youth Mental Health
- Saxophonist Javon Jackson And Poet Nikki Giovanni Perform At NYC’s Schomburg In Harlem
- New York Leads The Nation In AI Policy
- How To Balance Caring For Your Parents With Raising A Family Of Your Own