Today, severe thunderstorms may bring strong winds, heavy rain, and hail from Harlem to Hollis from 5:16 PM until 10 PM EST.
Includes strong winds can cause flying debris, turn unsecured objects into projectiles, and cause power outages.
Before an outage
- Charge cell phones
- Gather supplies
- Turn refrigerators/freezers to a colder setting
During an Outage
- Stay clear of downed power lines
- Turn off all appliances
- Keep refrigerator/freezer doors closed to prevent food spoilage
- Do not use generators indoors
- If you have a disability/access needs, or use life-sustaining equipment (LSE) and need immediate assistance, dial 911.
Exercise caution when walking, biking, or driving. Remain alert for threatening weather and possible warnings.
To view this message in American Sign Language (ASL), العربية, বাঙালি, 中文, Français, Kreyòl Ayisyen, Italiano, 한국어, Polski, Pусский, Español, اردو or ייִדיש : http://on.nyc.gov/2rQxgQi.
For the latest weather info: www.weather.gov/okx.