The Historic John W. Fink House In Sugar Hill In Harlem, New York, 1885

The John W. Fink House at 8 St. Nicholas Place at West 150th Street in the Hamilton Heights area of Harlem, New York.

The home was built in 1885 and was designed by Richard S. Rosenstock in the Queen Anne style.

It was combined with the Baiter House, #6 next door, in 1912 to become Dr. Loyds Sanitarium, later becoming Community Hospital with the addition of new wings and buildings at the rear of the property.



It became the Dawn Hotel in the 1960s and is now a group home.

It is located in the Hamilton Heights/Sugar Hill Historic District Extension.

Sources: AIA Guide to NYC (5th ed.) and “Hamilton Heights/Sugar Hill Historic District Extension Designation Report”.

Share This Story

Become an Harlem World Insider - Sign-Up For Our Newsletter!

About Harlem World Magazine

Harlem World Magazine is about living your best life and style around the block and around the world of Harlem.

Leave a Reply