Cryptocurrency has grown in popularity in different sectors and markets over the last few years.
Many industries, such as travel, have adopted cryptocurrency for payments and transactions. Crypto is now an alternative payment method that is accepted by different airlines and hotels.
The crypto industry is ever-changing and expanding, with new forms of highly secure and encrypted technological and digital systems. These can be used in various industries to enhance security measures and help simplify technological processes to simplify payments. Although there isn’t a universal legal framework to regulate the crypto industry, many governments across the world are becoming crypto-friendly and introducing legislation and policies to allow the crypto industry to operate. As a result of updated legislation, more people are becoming confident in the security and functionality of cryptocurrencies.
Crypto and the Travel Industry
The travel industry is one of the most rigidly regulated industries in the world that has since become relatively crypto-friendly. This is evident in how some airlines and hotels now accept crypto as a form of payment.
Top travel sites that accept crypto as a payment option in 2023
- Expedia: An American-based online travel agency that uses its website and mobile application to book airline tickets, hotel reservations, car rentals, cruise ships, and vacation packages and now allows customers to pay for these services using Bitcoin. Expedia partnered with Coinbase to process Bitcoin payments. To purchase hotel reservations, customers simply indicate Bitcoin as their method of payment.
- Bitcoin Travel: The site allows a customer to filter their search with places, stops, dates, times, airports, and airfares.
- CheapAir: This site is known to advertise incredibly low fees for airlines, hotels, and car bookings. One can pay with digital currencies on the site.
- Destinia: mBTC and Bitcoin are the currencies of choice with this travel site. The site also has a mobile app which can be found on the Google Play Store.
Airlines that Accept Crypto Payments in 2023
- American Airlines
- Air Canada
- Alaska Airlines, Spirit
- United, Allegiant Airlines
How to Book Flights Using Crypto
As explored by experts at Bitcoin Decode (https://bitcoindecode.co.uk/) , there are three easy ways to buy plane tickets with crypto:
- Buy airline gift cards from your crypto wallet to use on plane tickets.
- Use the BitPay Card to spend crypto like cash. Buy tickets with any airline that accepts Mastercard.
- Book directly with airlines or agencies that accept crypto payments.
Using Bitpay for Travel
Bitpay is a payment gateway that gives businesses the option to accept Bitcoin as payment. You can purchase, store, exchange, and spend cryptocurrencies all through one app using Bitpay.
To enable you to pay with your preferred tokens and coins, BitPay collaborates with merchants across the whole tourism and travel sector. The most adaptable way to pay for flights with Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies is using a BitPay crypto debit card. The card functions like any other debit card. However, it uses your cryptocurrency wallet instead of loading money from a bank account. The card can be used to make reservations with any domestic or international airline that accepts Mastercard.
Buy Airline Gift Cards with Crypto to Fly Using Bitcoin
BitPay lets crypto enthusiasts buy airline gift cards with their favorite coins and tokens.
- Delta Air Lines gift card
Use Delta Air Lines gift cards to fly to 250+ destinations in over 50 countries across the world.
- Mastercard gift card
Mastercard gift cards can be used at any airline or travel company that accepts Mastercard.
- TripGift gift card
Instantly redeem, search and book online directly with TripGift gift cards.
Which cryptocurrencies can be used to purchase airline tickets?
Airlines and travel agencies vary in terms of which cryptocurrencies they accept to buy airline tickets. However, BitPay supports buying airline tickets with Bitcoin, major altcoins, tokens and stablecoins. Currently, the company supports Bitcoin ($BTC), Ethereum ($ETH), Polygon ($MATIC), Bitcoin Cash ($BCH), Dogecoin ($DOGE), Shiba Inu ($SHIB), Litecoin ($LTC), XRP ($XRP), Dai ($DAI), Wrapped Bitcoin (wBTC), Gemini USD ($GUSD), USD Coin ($USDC), Binance USD ($BUSD), ApeCoin ($APE) and Euro Coin ($EUROC).
How to pay for airline tickets from your crypto wallet
- Find and select your flights.
- Enter passenger information.
- Select BitPay at checkout as your method of payment.
- You will be presented with a payment page containing a QR code which you can scan with a mobile wallet or click on to retrieve the payment details (how much to send and where to send it).
- Your transaction will be confirmed, and ticket information will be delivered to your email address like any other payment method.
Cryptocurrencies are impacting global markets and entire industries through the technology used. Blockchain technology, which powers crypto, is so powerful that we witness and continue to witness the revolution of the financial industry and other industries, inherently perpetuating global digitization.
As the world and its industries evolve and adapt to the ongoing new trends, technologies, and systems, businesses must be versatile, fluid, and flexible enough to adapt and accommodate all their customers who come with different payment options, including crypto. This has the potential to bring a huge influx of income and revolutionize different industries’ systems and processes into becoming more digital. With that said, investing in crypto is essential. As seen, it is not just about investing and trading digital currencies but making use of them in a way that can be applied in our daily lives.
- Tada! Youth Theater Announces 2024 Season In New York City
- Dive Into The Holiday Spirit With The Best Harlem-Inspired Books On Amazon
- NYC Kids RISE & NYC Public School Alumni Raise Tens Of Thousands of Dollars for Students
- Jean Shafiroff and friends celebrate fashion designer Malan Breton with a ‘Silver and Gold’ event
- Miami: Gisele Bündchen Art Of Balance At Miami Art Basel 2023