The Nicholas C. and Agnes Benziger House at 345 Edgecombe Avenue at the corner of West 150th Street in the Hamilton Heights area of Harlem, New York.
Was built in 1890-91 and was designed by William Schickel in an eclectic style utilizing mostly Central European medieval forms; the exterior features gabled dormers. A brick extension, designed by Schickel & Ditmars, was added in 1899.
After its use as a residence, it was variously a hospital, a nursery school and kindergarten, a hotel, and housing for the source of the homeless report.
Sources: Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.) and “Nicholas C. and Agnes Benziger House Designation Report”.