14 (right, with tower) and 16 (left) St. Nicholas Place, near West 150th Street in the Hamilton Heights area of Harlem, New York.
Were built in 1883-84 as residences, and was designed by William Grinnell in the Queen Anne style.
At a time when most of the homes in the area were freestanding, these two detached frame houses were unusual.
They are covered in wood shingles, and the tower on #14 is topped by an onion dome.
The two houses are part of New York City’s Hamilton Heights/Sugar Hill Northeast Historic District.
Photo credit: 1) Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.). 2) Guide to NYC Landmarks (4th ed.)