Event will include a short documentary film with our DC Dance Cousins, talk back and more!
FREE event but donations and free will offerings are certainly appreciated
For the best picks, get HWM's must read newsletter!
- 3:45 – Doors Open
- 4pm – Welcome,
- 4:05 – Film begins (film clips, Savoy documentary clips.includes Teenarama teaser) – Topic #1 – Revisiting Harlem Dance Culture: THSDS with their DC Dance Cousins
- 4:25 – Announcing Dance Cousins and film history
- 4:27 – Documentary – DC Hand Dance: A Capital Swing (23 m)
- 5pm – Welcome and Talk Back with Producer Beverly Lindsay – Johnson
- 5:20/30 – TOPIC #2: Gentrification or Genocide – or Recapture? Harlem’s Architectural Gems and their future
- 5:35 – Short film clips showing what Harlem Renaissance, demise and current state
- 5:45 – Welcome Celeste Beatty of Harlem Brew talks of her history challenges and “new ” Harlem, current efforts to still embrace the historical aspect with new venture
- 5:55 – Q & A with Celeste Beatty
- 6 pm or a bit later – Main event ends; time allowed for networking, purchasing of dvds, light refreshments etc. Music played for dancers and listeners.
- 6:55 – All should be exiting
- 7pm – Doors be locked
Get more information here
Lt. Joseph P. Kennedy Jr. Center, 34 W 134th St, New York, New York 10037.