Event will include a short documentary film with our DC Dance Cousins, talk back and more!
FREE event but donations and free will offerings are certainly appreciated
- 3:45 – Doors Open
- 4pm – Welcome,
- 4:05 – Film begins (film clips, Savoy documentary clips.includes Teenarama teaser) – Topic #1 – Revisiting Harlem Dance Culture: THSDS with their DC Dance Cousins
- 4:25 – Announcing Dance Cousins and film history
- 4:27 – Documentary – DC Hand Dance: A Capital Swing (23 m)
- 5pm – Welcome and Talk Back with Producer Beverly Lindsay – Johnson
- 5:20/30 – TOPIC #2: Gentrification or Genocide – or Recapture? Harlem’s Architectural Gems and their future
- 5:35 – Short film clips showing what Harlem Renaissance, demise and current state
- 5:45 – Welcome Celeste Beatty of Harlem Brew talks of her history challenges and “new ” Harlem, current efforts to still embrace the historical aspect with new venture
- 5:55 – Q & A with Celeste Beatty
- 6 pm or a bit later – Main event ends; time allowed for networking, purchasing of dvds, light refreshments etc. Music played for dancers and listeners.
- 6:55 – All should be exiting
- 7pm – Doors be locked
Get more information here
Become a Harlem insider - Sign-Up for our Newsletter!
Lt. Joseph P. Kennedy Jr. Center, 34 W 134th St, New York, New York 10037.