This is the Dr. John Ferdinand home at 230 West 125th Street. It was located on the south side of 125th Street just west of 7th Avenue (now known as Adam Clayton Powell Blvd.,).
The site now is included in the lot upon which the old Blumstein’s Department Store building, and Touro College stands today. The Doctor Ferdinand lived here from 1880 to 1887, after residing on West 127th Street during the 1870’s. The home displayed an impressive wood frame mansion with a porch and cast iron fence around its perimeter. This house is on the south side of 125th street as it is way east of the intersection of Frederick Douglass Blvd., and 125th Street.
Become an Harlem World Insider - Sign-Up For Our Newsletter!