Old Broadway Synagogue is an Orthodox Jewish synagogue in the Manhattanville in Harlem in New York City incorporated in 1911 under the name Chevra Talmud Torah Anshei Marovi, by an immigrant named Morris Schiff. Continue Reading →
A atmospheric photograph looking down in front of the Downes Boulevard Hotel built some time after the Civil War was located at Bloomingdale Road —later the Boulevard, finally becoming Broadway— and West 103rd Street in the then called Bloomingdale neighborhood in West Harlem 1890’s. Continue Reading →
Harlem Cove today is Manhattanville. Manhattanville sits in a valley formerly called Moertje David’s Vly (“Mother David’s Valley”; in Dutch, Vly is short for vallei, or “valley”) during the Dutch Colonial period and as Harlem Cove during the English Colonial period. Continue Reading →
Get the best updates with the Harlem World Editor's Picks.