SoHarlem, a cultural industry incubator, is a community-based social enterprise dedicated to strengthening the cultural economy and enhancing public spaces in the Manhattanville Factory District.
Their mission is to create a positive social impact. They do so as a Cultural Industries Incubator currently focused on developing micro-businesses related to the fashion industry.
Although New York City is a world center for fashion, many of the design services in the historic Garment District are being shuttered.
The SoHarlem Designers’ Studio offers:
- Sew It Is, A Comprehensive Sampling Service for Designers
- Studio time for design consultations, apparel services (pattern-making, cutting, samples, light manufacturing, fabric sourcing, etc.) through SoHarlem’s in-house seamstress
- Marketing & sales advice and opportunities
- Space for meetings to showcase the collection to current and potential buyers
- SoHarlem Annual November & May Markets
- The Public Space Partnership Initiative – Mural, bulb planting
In this event upcoming special presentation of the works of students will be with master tailor and Harlemite Henry Smith at The Man Henry, House of Tailoring.
Saturday, November 2, 2019, from 7 pm to 9 pm
This event is free and open to the public, but please RSVP 917 564-4633 or email@example.com