Making New York a safe haven for transgender youth, families, and their health care providers.
State Senator Brad Hoylman-Sigal, Chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said: “Today, on Pride, New York makes clear to the nation that our state welcomes transgender children and their families by protecting them and their physicians who provide gender-affirming care with the enactment of our Trans Safe Haven legislation. This legislation comes at a crucial time as right-wing lawmakers are waging a war against transgender children and their families across the country, with twenty states having already banned or restricted gender-affirming care for young people. I’m grateful to Governor Hochul, Majority Leader Stewart-Cousins, and my legislative partner Assembly Member Bronson for their support of this vital legislation and continuing to make New York a leader in supporting LGBTQ rights.”
The legislation protects families and doctors from legal consequences for seeking or providing gender-affirming care to trans youth by:
- Ensuring that kids will not be separated from their parents for aiding in their access to gender-affirming care;
- Prohibiting law enforcement from cooperating with other states’ investigations regarding legal gender-affirming care;
- Protecting the health information of people who come to New York to receive gender-affirming care;
- Protecting health care professionals who provide gender-affirming care in New York.
- Sponsored Love: What Does A Slip and Fall Lawyer Do
- The Art Of Relaxation: Exploring Different Techniques For Stress Relief And Relaxation
- Hello Harlem, Embrace The Empowering Women.NYC Network For A Brighter Tomorrow
- D.A. Bragg Announces Prison Sentence Of Victor Lopez For Harlem Subway Shoving
- Sponsored Love: A Women’s Empowerment Coach Could Resonate With Loss Due To Her Childhood Abandonment