By HWM and photographs by Seitu Oronde
The race section in Harlem included residents, Dr. Bob Lee, Tony Rogers, Winston Majette, Marsha Taylor with her family, Antonia Hilton, DJ Chris Washington performing at 135th Street and 5th Avenue, Hats of Hats with Jackie Rowe Adams, and much much more.
The Harlem Community
Tamirat Tola of Ethiopia won the New York City Marathon men’s race on Sunday in 2 hours, 4 minutes, and 58 seconds, breaking the all-time record. Albert Korir of Kenya finished as the runner-up at 2:06:57. Shura Kitata of Ethiopia came in 3rd place at 2:07:11.
Hellen Obiri of Kenya won the women’s race, clocking in at 2:27:23. Letesenbet Gidey of Ethiopia was the runner-up, with a time of 2:27:29. Sharon Lokedi of Kenya finished in 3rd place at 2:27:33.
Photo credit: Seitu Oronde.
- Get “Set For The Season” With The Fabulous Award-Winning Jazz Vocalist Nicole Henry
- Health Department Releases 2022 HIV Report For World AIDS Day 2023
- Mayor Adams Expands Immigration Support Amid Migrant Crisis
- Demonstrating NYC’s Failure To Educate, And Support Students With Emotional Disability Classification
- Mount Sinai Creates Research Center Focusing On Opioids, Emerging Substances, And Drug Overdose