By HWM and photographs by Seitu Oronde
As you can see Seitu’s images capture moments that transcend the mere visual and delve into the core of community advocacy.
Nestled within the vibrant fabric of the esteemed Harlem, the MLK Club stands as a bastion of enlightenment, dedicated to disseminating the principles of non-violence and passive resistance championed by the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
Beyond the geographical boundaries, their educational mission extends to African Americans and diverse ethnic communities, enlightening them on the pivotal role of supporting local businesses and the profound impact of eradicating violent crimes and drug abuse from our shared spaces.
Oronde’s lens, a silent narrator of the evening’s essence, unveils the palpable dedication of the MLK Club to their mission. In these photographs, witness a community not merely existing but thriving, embodying the very ideals they champion.
The frames tell a story of unity, education, and a collective commitment to building a resilient and empowered neighborhood.
- New Book Uncovers The Stunning Stories Behind West Africa’s Hidden Photographic Treasures
- NYC Releases Workers’ Bill Of Rights: Your Labor Rights Guide
- Grubhub And Others Launch $200K Microgrant For NYC BIPOC Restaurateurs
- New York City Public Schools Unveils “Hidden Voices: Stories Of The Global African Diaspora”
- Bronx: Black K.A.R.E. Wellness Health Fair In Co-op City