The funeral and the repast took place on Tuesday, April 25th, 2023.
The program read that:
He was a champion of the people in Harlem for 24 years making a difference.
He was a man of his word.
He acted as a cheerleader for Senator Barack Obama who later became president of the United States.
Bill Perkins was instrumental in supporting Africans who traveled to New York City and migrated on West 116th Street in Harlem.
Bill Perkins is going to be very well missed.
People often correlated his interest and passion for jogging & running with how he supported his constituents, the people in Harlem.
Bill Perkins always kept the faith.
Attendees included former congressman Charlie Rangel, Londel from Londel’s Restaurant, Sylvia Austin from the governor of the state of New York David Patterson, Senator Cordell Cleare, assemblyman Al Taylor, Pamela Perkins, Shirley Scott, Hazel Dukes, Inez Dickens and many many more.
Rest in piece brotha, Perkins.
Photo credits: 1) Unkown. 2-5) Sietu Oronde.
- NYC Street Harassment Prevention Survey Launches Today
- Lil’s World: New York Fashion Week Up And Downtown 2023
- Sponsored Love: Jewel-Encrusted Rivalry, The Quest for the Championship Belt
- A Guide To Buying The Best Executive Table In The Philippines
- Manila Office Furniture Den: Discover The Best Office Furniture Deals In The Philippines