It’s wartime. A lowborn steward, Malvolio, has risen to the rank of general. He is determined to seek vengeance on a cast of characters who tormented him twenty years earlier.
Malvolio encounters Volina, the daughter of Duke Orsino and Duchess Viola. Dismayed by the apathy of her fellow nobles, Volina tries to pass as male to join the war effort.
When she falls in love with him, Malvolio is sure her ardent displays of unbridled passion and awkward love letters must be a trick.
How do we get past each other’s defenses? Can the right kind of love heal all wounds? MALVOLIO explores the difference between revenge and redemption.
The piece was directed by Ian Belknap and Ty Jones, at the Richard Rodgers Amphitheater in Marcus Garvey Park in Harlem.
Check out Things To Do and you may find yourself photographed by Seitu at an event in Harlem.
Photo credit: 1-8) Source.
- Sponsored Love: What Does A Slip and Fall Lawyer Do
- The Art Of Relaxation: Exploring Different Techniques For Stress Relief And Relaxation
- Hello Harlem, Embrace The Empowering Women.NYC Network For A Brighter Tomorrow
- D.A. Bragg Announces Prison Sentence Of Victor Lopez For Harlem Subway Shoving
- Sponsored Love: A Women’s Empowerment Coach Could Resonate With Loss Due To Her Childhood Abandonment