Step into the vibrant world of Harlem, where photojournalist Seitu Oronde captured the essence of a heartwarming celebration at the 149th Street Convent Avenue Church on a glorious day in May 2023.
The air was filled with music and the scent of delicious food, as a group of remarkable women gathered to honor Mother’s Day with a concert and awards ceremony.
Amidst the festivities, the focus was on the exceptional leadership of these women and their pivotal roles as grandmothers who have made a difference in the upbringing of children. Their honesty and passion shone through as they were celebrated for their outstanding contributions to the community.
Oronde’s photographs captured the warmth and joy of the gathering, showcasing the beaming smiles and camaraderie among the women. The images serve as a poignant reminder of the power of community and the importance of coming together to honor the leaders, legends, and trailblazers who have made such a profound impact on our lives.
Through his lens, Oronde has created a lasting tribute to the spirit of Harlem, where the strength and resilience of its people continue to shine through in the face of adversity. These photographs are a testament to the beauty and richness of a culture that celebrates the power of motherhood and the bonds that unite us all.
In the past this concert for Mother’s used to be Mother’s Day parade in Harlem but they decided to change the venue indoors.
- FDNY Reports Fatal Harlem Fire With Individuals Left Hanging From Building
- Feel So Good, Cam’ron And Ma$e, Turn Feud Into (More) Fame
- State Senator Cordell Cleare’s New ‘New Yorkers,’ Migrant Resource Fair In Harlem
- Mayor Adams And NYC Health + Hospitals Unveil Free Tax Prep Services For New Yorkers
- Ultimate Guide To Business Opportunities For Foreigners In Cyprus