YouthBuild serves students 17 to 24 working towards their GED and interested in a career in business.
Participants attend morning instruction with the DOE’s Pathways to Graduation program and afternoon workshops on employment readiness and financial literacy; mentoring activities; and Microsoft Office certifications.
Candidates earn up to $500 a month while participating and receive job placement assistance upon completion.
Classes are held in-person Mon-Fri, 9am to 3pm at NMIC’s Washington Heights office.
- Between the ages of 17-24
- No high school diploma/equivalency
- Not currently in school
- Legally eligible to work in US
- New York City resident
- Minimum TABE reading and math scores
- Able to commit to at least 4 months of programming
Fall Classes begin September 11th, 2023.
Admissions are ongoing through September.
- “Welcome To Rap City” Doc With Harlem The Diplomats And More By BET And Mass Appeal
- Harlem Fave SwizzBeatz, Fat Joe, Spinderella, And More At The “BET Hip Hop Awards” 2023
- Merengue Star Rubby Pérez Heads To Harlem For National Hispanic Heritage Month Concert
- Sponsored Love: How Harlem’s Rich Heritage Shapes Unique Tattoo Styles
- Emma L. Bowen Community Service Center Community Health Street Fair In East Harlem