Despite high fuel prices and many kilometers of traffic jams, the number of cars is constantly growing every day.
When the warranty expires, drivers have to service their cars themselves. If you start the search on the Internet, you will immediately get a huge number of options. Why is there such a variety of prices for the same detail? Perhaps, because you come across original and non-original spare parts. What’s the difference? Let’s figure it out!
Original Spare Parts
When the car has just been brought to the salon – all the details on it are brand new, i.e., assembled at the manufacturing plant. In addition to spare parts, the engine may contain oil that is specially selected for this model. When the car is under warranty service, the service center installs only original zip parts until the warranty period expires. Besides, these spare parts are sent to them directly from the factory.
The original product has the following characteristics:
- The spare parts of the car are produced at the manufacturer’s factory;
- The packaging has a guarantee and a company logo;
- Used details are also considered original if they came off the manufacturer’s assembly line.
If the package contains parts from other manufacturers, this is ok. Sometimes one detail can be assembled in different places. Here are the pros of purchasing original spare parts:
- They are fully compatible and considered to be of very high quality;
- A large selection that allows you to choose the right element for this particular model;
- the minimum risk of cheating;
- they are covered by the warranty service.
Non-Original Spare Parts
It should be noted that the difference between original and non-original spare parts does not play a big role. Some details are of the same quality as the original. Therefore, when replacing spare parts, it is allowed to install details from other factories. Therefore, experts recommend paying attention to the country of origin. This is done in the following way. Each product has its unique number (usually 9 digits). The last 3 digits indicate the country where the spare part was produced.
Non-original details have the following features:
- Fake details are produced by non-authorized manufacturers;
- They are produced at a domestic plant under a contract with an official company;
- The price can be significantly lower than the original detail.
When purchasing a product, you should remember that it must first of all work. So, talking about what is better is the business of every motorist. Genuine and non-original details have their advantages and disadvantages. However, when purchasing a non-original spare part, you should be aware of the following risks:
- there is a possibility of receiving a defective product;
- some details may not fit your car model. The information in the catalogs is not completely accurate;
- using non-original details on the car will be a reason for voiding the warranty.
So, if you want to get an original part from the manufacturing plant, you can do it without any problems via the Internet or a service center.