“Space Uptown” is back for this season!
For the first time in 2022, AHL Foundation hosted an exhibition titled “Space Uptown”, curated by Amy Khang, featuring works of Harlem/NYC-based artists, Devin Osorio, Dianne Smith, Buhm Hong, and Gyun Hur.
They are pleased to announce a continuation of the “Space Uptown” exhibition guest curated by Savona Bailey-McClain, from the West Harlem Art Fund, this year!
This special exhibition is going to highlight two selected artists (one Korean artist and one African American artist) through an Open-Call process.
Selected artists will receive $300 and have an opportunity to showcase their work at AHL Foundation’s gallery in March 2023.
Please apply now. The application’s deadline is February 18, 2024, 11:59 pm (ET) *No Submission Fee
Submission Form for OPEN CALL
AHL Foundation is pleased to announce our SPACE UPTOWN 2023 Open Call! Emerging and mid-career artists are invited to submit their work for consideration in our group exhibition put together by our Guest Curator, Savona Bailey-McClain (West Harlem Art Fund).
Selected artists will receive an award of $300 and will have the opportunity to showcase their works at AHL Foundation’s gallery, located at 2605 Frederick Douglass Blvd, on March 18, 2023- April 28, 2023.
Eligibility & Terms
One Korean artist and one African American (Harlem artists especially welcomed) based artist will be selected.”
- Artists working in all mediums are welcome to apply.
- Artists are responsible for shipping.”
- All artwork submitted must be ready to install.”
- Artists may submit up to 5 works.
Deadline: February 18, 2023, 11:59 pm EST
- The theme of the show will come from the work selected.
- Selected artists will be notiﬁed by February 22, 2023
- All artwork must arrive at AHL Foundation by March 15, 2023
- Exhibition opens March 18, 2023, and closes April 28, 2023
How to Apply
- Upload your Artist Statement, CV, and up to 5 images of work.
For Questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
The link for the Open Call is up now at:
Photo credit: 1-2) ahlfoundation.