With football season right around the corner, McCall Farms is sharing their top at home “tailgating” recipes that are sure to make fans cheer.Like the Taco Chili recipe, this appetizer is the perfect accompaniment to a Football Funday in Harlem.
- 3 (15 oz.) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz.) can Margaret Holmes Seasoned (or Unseasoned) Pinto Beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can hominy
- 1 (15 oz.) can light red kidney beans
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey or lean ground beef (browned)
- 1 pkg. taco seasoning
- 1 tsp. cumin (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tbs. hot sauce
Support Harlem World MagazineToday!
- Roughly chop stewed tomatoes, and drain beans.
- Combine all ingredients together in a large pot. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer on medium or low about 25 minutes or longer. Can use a crock pot if desired.
Yield: 4 servings
McCall Farms, one of America’s leading producers of farm fresh canned vegetables and fruit, McCall Farms has been cultivating food for more than 177 years. The family-owned and operated company produces a wide variety of Southern-style products under the Margaret Holmes, Glory Foods, Peanut Patch Boiled Peanuts and Bruce’s Yams, as well as private-label and foodservice products, all of which are sold nationwide. Based in Effingham, South Carolina, McCall Farms products are grown on 2,000 acres of family farmland with an additional 18,000 acres contracted throughout South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia and Florida. www.mccallfarms.com