Officials and development partners will gather to announce the opening of The Residences at PS 186, a 79 unit mixed-use affordable housing development, co-located with a new 11,302 square feet state-of-the art clubhouse for the Boys and Girls Club of Harlem (BGCH).
The adaptive reuse of PS 186 represents a trailblazing effort that can serve as a model for community development by integrating multiple benefits and opportunities aimed at the advancement of low income families. PS 186 first opened in 1903, and served as an elementary school for 72 years. Purchased by the Boys and Girls Club of Harlem in 1986, and subsequently refurbished with the help of HPD, along with financing and development partners, PS 186 is now re-opening with a brand new, 11,302 square foot Clubhouse and 79 new, refurbished affordable housing units.
- Manhattan Borough President Gale Brewer
- New York State Senator Bill Perkins (D-30)
- New York State Assembly Member Keith Wright (AD-70)
- New York City Council Member Mark Levine (District 7)
- New York City Council Member Inez Dickens (District 9)
- NYC Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) Commissioner Vicki Been
- Boys and Girls Club of Harlem Executive Director Dominique R. Jones
- Boys and Girls Club of Harlem Board Chair Christopher Watler
- Monadnock Development Vice President Tom Ciano
- Alembic Community Development Principal Mark Reed
Thursday, October 20th 2016
PS 186/Boys and Girls Club of Harlem, 525 W 145th St, New York, NY 10031
Become an Harlem World Insider - Sign-Up For Our Newsletter!