Here are some great opportunities regarding NYC’s Open Data Program and the position of Chief Analytics Officer Job.
NYC’s Open Data Program
As a part of the NYC Open Data Community, here are afew important dates regarding NYC’s Open Data Program:
- September 1st, 2017, Last day to comment on the 2017 Open Data Progress Report
This is the first year we’ve enabled public commenting; share your thoughts!
- September 23rd, 2017, National Day of Civic Hacking NYC 311 Data Jam
Register Here – Registration closes 09/07! Event is for data folks, developers and designers. Will be a fun and engaging event.
Chief Analytics Officer
Also, the job posting for NYC’s next Chief Analytics Officer is officially posted! We’re eager to find the new addition to our team here at the NYC Mayor’s Office of Data Analytics (MODA) and hope you can help us in our search. To learn more about MODA’s work, please refer to the attached two-pager that describes our analytics work and the 2017 Open Data Progress Report, an annual report produced by MODA on the City’s Open Data program.
The Chief Analytics Officer will join the NYC de Blasio administration’s technology leadership and head a talented team of data scientists and strategists at the Mayor’s Office of Data Analytics. She or he will lead the City’s efforts to make government services better, faster, more transparent, and more equitable using data analytics and open data.
You will notice that the job posting appears to be IT-heavy; for additional context on what will make for a successful candidate:
The successful applicant will be an entrepreneurial leader, adept manager, and tireless analytics evangelist. The hiring committee is specifically seeking candidates who:
- Have experience in urban issues, policymaking, or public administration, in addition to a technical background in data and analytics;
- Have the ability to communicate the value of public sector data science and get agency staff at all levels excited about data and analytics;
- Have a passion for staff development and coaching to support career development, and have experience leading a flexible team with a technically advanced and versatile skillset;
- Are capable of generating buy-in from a diverse group of internal and public stakeholders and senior leadership to implement innovative solutions to City problems;
- Are creative analytical thinkers capable of articulating a robust theory of change for how data and analytics improve government; and
- Approach problems with an equity-orientation and are interested in addressing the specific issues facing New York City.
Apply here: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/390573675/
Please share the job posting with your networks and anyone you think might be interested. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please do not hesitate to reach out to me directly with any questions about the position or hiring process. I’ve also included a promotional blurb and tweet below my signature that you can use for promotion to your networks.