As part of this year’s Home Team Advantage Small Business Contest, Mastercard and the New York Yankees have come together to honor the small businesses from Harlem to Hollis.
These small businesses serve as the backbone of our country and the city of New York.
One lucky NYC small business owner was chosen to throw out a Ceremonial First Pitch at next week’s 2022 MLB All-Star Game in Los Angeles.
This year’s grand prize winner of Home Team Advantage is New York-based Harlem Cycle, Harlem’s first indoor cycling studio.
This Black and woman-owned community-focused fitness studio values body health over body shape and offers positivity and a sense of belonging to members of the community.
Become a Harlem insider - Sign-Up for our Newsletter!
Over the last six years, Harlem Cycle has provided over 12,000 classes and developed a loyal clientele.
Five contest finalists were invited for a tour of Yankee Stadium and dinner with leaders from Mastercard and the Yankees community, along with Yankee legend CC Sabathia and NYC Small Business Services Commissioner Kevin Kim to celebrate their success.
Below are the other finalists
- Diso’s Italian Sandwich Society
- Let’s Start With Play LLC
- Loyalty Daycare LLC
- My Fashion Crate
As an added surprise, CC Sabathia informed business owners that all finalists would receive a $10,000 grant from Mastercard awarded in the form of a larger-than-life Mastercard, resulting in an unforgettable priceless moment.
CC Sabathia also announced that Harlem Cycle was the grand-prize winner and presented business owner Tammeca Rochester with the following:
- One-on-one mentorship with Mastercard small business experts
- Mastercard Digital Doors™ Toolkit to grow their business online
- In-stadium marketing at Yankee Stadium
- Priceless experiences such as throwing out a ceremonial first pitch at an upcoming New York Yankees game and a trip for two to attend the 2022 MLB All-Star Game Presented by Mastercard, where Tammeca will get to throw out a ceremonial first pitch
Mastercard and the MLB once again partnered to launch the Home Team Advantage Contest, which kicked off in April, to help small businesses grow and thrive.
Together, Mastercard and MLB called on diverse small businesses in Atlanta, Boston, Los Angeles and New York to enter.