Celebrate National Waffle Day in Harlem on August 24th, 2017 by creating the ultimate Belgian waffle. Whether it’s a thick and crisp Belgian or the chewier Liège, waffles pair excellently with almost any topping.
- 3 cups mashed potatoes
- ¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup seasoned breadcrumbs, plus an additional ½ cup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups finely shredded cheese blend
- Plug in the waffle maker and turn it to setting 4.
- Mix all ingredients together except for the additional ½ cup of the bread crumbs.
- Use a ½ cup measuring cup to measure out the “patty.”
- Form the patties as you would a burger.
- Roll the mashed potato patty in the additional ½ cup of bread crumbs.
- Once the waffle maker is preheated, place four patties, one per waffle section, into the waffle maker.
- Press down slightly on each patty and close the lid. When the waffle maker signals the waffle is ready, remove it from the waffle maker.
- Waffles can be topped with sour cream, chives, bacon or your favorite topping.
Have any tips you would like to share with us send them to us below.
Become an Harlem World Insider - Sign-Up For Our Newsletter!