Sepia photographs of the Mount Morris Baptist Church organized about 1854. Around that time, the society built a small chapel on Fifth Avenue at 126th Street, the previous site of the First Baptist Church of Harlem.
Interior (1882) showing organ at left
The J.H. & C.S. Odell opus list shows that an organ was built originally in 1872 for Mount Morris Baptist Church but the number and date are not given. An 1882 photo (above) of the church shows an organ at the front left. Specifications for this organ have not yet been located.
The second edifice was designed by Henry F. Kilburn and built in 1887-88 (via source).
BUY IT ON Shop HW