Just off the Harlem EatUp Marcus Samuelsson asks, how often do you have leftover chicken that you don’t know what to do with? At those moments, a boring chicken salad may look like your only option. Not necessarily the case! Why not spice up that ordinary chicken salad with some exotic flavors and fruits?
In this Curry Chicken Salad, we’ve replaced the fatty mayo with Greek yogurt to cut the extra fat and sodium; so all that is left is the wonderful flavoring of spice and fruit. It’s so easy to make and goes well as a sandwich, served on lettuce for a full salad, or just as is
Curry Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cooked and diced or leftover roasted chicken
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1/2 red onion , chopped
- 1 small apple – peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup seedless green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- Salt to taste
In a large salad bowl combine the chicken, yogurt, curry powder, and pepper. Mix well.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix all together, tossing to coat. Season with salt to taste.
Serve as is or on a bed of romaine lettuce (source).