The unknown suspect has robbed people at gunpoint in front of their homes or inside their apartment buildings on five occasions since August, police said. During four robberies he has threatened to shoot victims and in one robbery he placed a victim into a choke hold until they were unconscious.
Here’s a summary of the man’s alleged crimes, as described by police:
- On the night of Aug. 10, the robber approached a 23-year-old man attempting to enter his apartment on Broadway and West 147th Street. The robber put the victim in a choke hold until they lost consciousness and then stole $1000 in cash and a Samsung Z7 cellphone from the person.
- On September 16, the robber approached a 26-year-old woman in the lobby of a building on Pinehurst Avenue and West 183rd Street and snatched a wallet from her hand. The wallet contained $2 in cash and credit cards.
- On the night of October 1, the robber approached a 31-year-old man and 58-year-old man in the second-floor hallway of an apartment building on Pinehurst and West 180th Street and displayed a gun. The victims did not hand over any money.
- On the night of October 1, the robber approached a 58-year-old man and 46-year-old woman in front of a building on West 177th Street near Cabrini Boulevard and pointed a gun at the woman’s head. The male victim handed the robber $130 in cash.
- On the night of October 1, the robber approached a 57-year-old man and 34-year-old woman in front of their home on Haven Avenue and West 177th Street and displayed a gun. The robber stole $300 in cash from the male victim and the female’s XOXO watch.
Anyone with information is asked to call the NYPD’s Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).