Old NYC posted this rare photograph of working laying phone or electrical wire looking north on downtown side of Lenox Avenue (today renamed Malcolm X Blvd.,) from 120th Street in Central Harlem, New York, March 12, 1901.
Barrels line the left side of the Lenox Avenue stopping horses and carriages from driving into the construction ditch, and on the other side of the ditch large circular wire rollers on the left side of the Avenue.
The photograph is in the Wm. B. Parsons Collection.
Become an Harlem World Insider - Sign-Up For Our Newsletter!