City Parks Foundation’s “Family Adventure Race” is an exciting, parent-child race that incorporates basic exercises and sports skills, and provides a healthy, one-hour dose of fun for all. The 2018 races take place in Flushing Meadows Corona Park in Queens, Marine Park in Brooklyn, Inwood Hill Park in Manhattan, Crotona Park in the Bronx and Conference House Park on Staten Island, on a course featuring 12 activity stations. Team members must properly perform the required exercise or task before advancing to the next station and final run to the finish line. Activities include: javelin throw, jump rope, basketball free throw, hurdles, and a mini climbing wall. Awards will be given to the top three finishers in each race. All participants who finish the race will receive a medal.
Upcoming Race Dates & Locations:
- Saturday, August 4, Seaman Ave. and W. 207th St. , Inwood Hill Park, Manhattan, 2 Heats – 9AM & 10AM
- Sunday, August 12, 298 Satterlee St., Conference House Park, Staten Island2 Heats – 9AM & 10AM
Shop, The New Harlem World Shop!
- 9:00 a.m. / Race start time
- 10:00 a.m. / Race start time
To Register: Free registration is required.
- Please visit http://www.cityparksfoundation.org/events/category/adventure-race/
- Team must include one parent or guardian and up to two children (open to ages 8-13).
- For more information, call (718) 760-6999 or email Sports@CityParksFoundation.org