Harlem World magazine, announces its first-ever HWM Virtual Summit, with the theme Harlem: A Beacon on The Hill.
This two-day virtual meeting of the minds will be hosted by Harlem influencer and celebrity shoe designer, Etu Evans.2020 concludes the celebration of the 100th Anniversary of the Harlem Renaissance. Harlem World Magazine will host its 1st Annual HWM Summit, with the theme Harlem: A Beacon on The Hill, designed to spark new ideas and conversations around the arts, business, philanthropy, community, and journalism. We will feature talks, and panels, with today’s leaders, legends, and trailblazers of the Harlem community and beyond. We will discuss the topics that bind our communities together as well as what we need to do to move forward and upward in these turbulent times. This summit is a platform designed to generate ideas, bring people together, and spark change for good–to build a stronger community for all.
The HWM Virtual Summit lasts from November 19th-20th, 2020. The event’s theme Harlem: A Beacon on The Hill is designed to spark new ideas and conversations around the arts, business, philanthropy, community, and journalism.
Founded in 2003, by Daniel Tisdale, Harlem World Magazine specializes in content marketing, advertising services, and event promotions in and around Harlem. For the first time, Harlem World Magazine will present someone with the Harlem World’s 2020 HYPE Black Excellence in Journalism Award.
REGISTER to JOIN US in CONVERSATION. https://harlemworldmagazine.com/hwm-summit
Thursday, November 19, 2020
- 12:30 – 1:30 pm HWM Salon Chat: Host: Daniel Tisdale.
- 1:00 – 2:30 pm PANEL #1 – Owning Our Future: Reimagining Our Businesses.
Moderator: Jill Johnson and Panelists: Clayton Banks, Carl Joseph Black, Stephen Wilder and more.
- 2:30 – 3:30 pm FUNDRAISER & SHORT FILM – HYPE Fundraiser Begins.
- 3:30 – 5:00 pm PANEL #2 – The Culture Creators – Books, Art, Music & Film.Moderator: Marco Nobles, Panelists: Janet Rodriguez, Molkansti Kagama, Jonathan Valquez, Eartha Watts Hicks
- 5:00 – 6:00 pm Happy Hour: Virtual Networking – Mix & Mingle.
**Films and Musical Performances throughout the Day
Friday, November 20, 2020
- 12:00 – 12:00 pm The Harlem Renaissance: Virtual Red Carpet.
- 12:30 – 1:00 pm HWM Salon Chat – Fireside Chat. Host: Daniel Tisdale.
- 1:00 – 2:30 pm PANEL #3 – The Support Givers: A Community Necessity. Moderator: Keisha Sutton, Panelists: Ofo Ezeugwu, Dominique Jones, Peggy Sheppard, Barbara Askins
- 2:30 – 3:30 pm Book and Poetry Readings: The Harlem Writers Guild.
- 3:30 – 5:00 pm PANEL #4 – Community Journalism: Reclaiming Our Voice.
- Moderator: Danny Tisdale, Co-Founder of Harlem World Magazine
- Panelists: Rhonesha Byng, Geraldine Moriba Meadows, Mike Ragsdale, Mike Shapiro
- 5:00 – 6:00 pm In Honor of Charles Tisdale: THE HYPE BLACK EXCELLENCE IN JOURNALISM AWARDS. With DeAnna Tisdale-Johnson, publisher of the Jackson Advocate delivers the award.
***Schedules, moderators, and panelists are subject to change.
NOTES TO EDITORS:
HWM Event landing page: https://www.harlemworldmagazine.com/the-harlem-world-magazine-summit-benefit/
About Harlem World Magazine and Charles Tisdale: https://www.harlemworldmagazine.com/about-the-harlem-world-brand/
FOLLOW, LIKE, & SHARE