With school closures and classes from Harlem to Harare shifting to online curriculum because of the COVID Crisis across the nation, Codecademy is partnering with other organizations to host “Learn From Home Day.”
Some of the partnering organizations include Y Combinator, Duolingo, Twitch, Casper, Headspace, and dozens of other organizations to host “Learn From Home Day” on Wednesday, May 13, 2020, from 10:45 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. ET.
Learn From Home Day is a free online event focused on bringing the world together for a day of exploring new interests and learning new skills. It will be chock full of interactive classes and sessions ranging from guided meditation and drawing for inner calmness, to mixing a song and streaming best practices, to home cooking with Food52.
“This moment in time with the global pandemic is bigger than any one of us — and that’s why we need to come together,” said Zach Sims, CEO and Co-Founder of Codecademy. “By collaborating with other brands to host the inaugural ‘Learn From Home Day’ we want to help people feel a greater sense of purpose, inspire them to learn more, and feel a little less alone. The takeaway will be that you can learn a new skill from anywhere, at any time, and gain a greater feeling of accomplishment, growth, and optimism as a result.”
Registration for the event is now open on the Codecademy website, with confirmed classes including:
- 10:45am (15 min): Warm welcome from Alyssa and Codecademy CEO Zach Sims
- 11:00am (25 min): Improving Your Whole Self, Keynote with Jerry Colonna, CEO at Reboot
- 11:30am (25 min): A Fireside Chat on Startups with Y Combinator
- 12:00pm (25 min): Cooking with Food52
- 12:30pm (25 min): Parenting during the Pandemic with Fatherly
- 1:00pm (25 min): Make a Track with Splice
- 1:30pm (55 min): Streaming Best Practices with Twitch
- 2:30pm (25 min): Mindfulness and Meditation with Headspace
- 3:00pm (25 min): Learn How to Network with brunchwork
- 3:30pm (25 min): Drawing for Inner Calm with SkillShare
- 4:00pm (25 min): Learn a Language with Duolingo
- 4:30pm (55 min): Learn to Code with Codecademy
- 5:30pm (25 min): Sleeping Well with Casper and Dr. Frank Lipman
- 6:00pm (15 min): Closing and Next Steps with Codecademy
Codecademy is launching this global day of free learning sessions after the mass interest it received when it teamed up with other edtech giants including Brainly and Skillshare to launch the Learn From Home Club in April 2020.
Since 2011, Codecademy has empowered over 45 million people in 190 countries to unlock their personal and professional potential through coding. To date, Codecademy has raised $42.5 million to make its vision of providing an accessible, flexible, and engaging online education a reality. Codecademy makes it easy for users to start learning instantly with free lessons. Codecademy Pro, a $20 – $40/month paid membership with over 100,000 subscribers, allows users to access Codecademy’s complete library of content.
It also unlocks additional features, like Skill Paths and Career Paths that guide a user through multiple courses until they reach a long-term goal. The company, which is headquartered in NYC, is backed by top-tier investors like Naspers, Union Square Ventures, Kleiner Perkins, Index Ventures, and Y Combinator. Codecademy has also partnered with governments like The White House, the UK, Brazil, Argentina, and others, and has worked with companies like Google and Amazon to create curriculum. Learn more at www.codecademy.com.