Here’s a great job for a Harlem candidate, working with members of the community, schools, government, social service organizations, and local businesses to help shape the vision and strategy of the Berkshire Bridges mission to improve economic and social conditions for the target lower-income community in Pittsfield, MA.
Lead the initiatives sanctioned by the Steering Committee, including training, communication, community engagement, and progress measurement. Drive the processes, systems, and culture change needed for Berkshire Bridges to achieve its economic and social goals for the community. Report on progress to the Steering Committee and represent Berkshire Bridges to the community, government, media, and others. Ensure continued collaboration of community stakeholders and effective alignment and integration of objectives and initiatives.
The Initiative Director reports organizationally to the Berkshire Bridges Steering Committee, and administratively to the Executive Director, Central Berkshire Habitat for Humanity. Both the Steering Committee and Central Berkshire Habitat for Humanity will provide guidance and support in this role. The initiative Director will have supervisory oversight for Community Navigators and the Americorps VISTA.
Get the Harlem World Newsletter
- Partner with the Steering Committee to continue cross-sector outreach and encourage participation in Berkshire Bridges initiative. Ensure that groups are aligned with the initiative objectives.
- Facilitate the Steering Committee meetings, driving meeting agendas, priorities, and decision-making, moving the group to consensus and action. Update the committee on progress and challenges, seeking input on recommended changes.
- ·Ensure proper management of the Working Cities grant, overseeing budget and reporting required by Boston Fed, Central Berkshire Habitat for Humanity, and other organizations. Facilitate ongoing dialogue with government officials, community members, agencies, businesses, and non-profit organizations. Listen effectively, incorporate perspectives of others, and recognize opportunities for creative alliances.
- Select, train, and provide leadership for Community Navigators to drive engagement within the residential community and improve utilization of outreach efforts.
- Work with Steering Committee sub-group to meet goals for Bridges Out of PovertySM and Getting AheadSM training. Implement cultural competency enhancements to training.
- Work with committee members to drive specific actions to improve communication between organizations and residents.
- Drive measurement of improvements in economic outcomes, perception of inclusion, cultural competence, access to services by residents, and communication between stakeholders. Establish clear metrics and goals that meet the needs of all stakeholders, and provide analysis and results to the committee.
- Support the Steering Committee in identifying sustainable funding sources. Identify fundraising concepts, gain support from the working cities team, and lead the execution.
- Act as Berkshire Bridges spokesperson.
- Supervise the Americorps VISTA.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Some travel required.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Proven ability to think strategically and translate a ground-level problem into a recommendation for a system solution
- Demonstrated capability to effectively manage grants, oversee budgets and report progress in a timely manner
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, including use of computer programs
- Demonstrated experience successfully driving initiatives with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated determination, tenacity, and discipline to overcome obstacles and achieve aspirational goals, including flexibility to work outside of scheduled work hours
- Significant experience exercising collaborative decision-making
- Supervisory experience
- Proven ability to build rapport, trust, and influence with diverse city residents and senior organization leaders
- Passion for social change and familiarity with anti-poverty work
- Significant experience effectively collaborating with others from different culturesStrong presentation skills and ability to facilitate meetings toward measurable progress
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and active listening skills
- Strong organizational skills, including management of schedules, meetings, and multiple competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to lead fundraising initiatives
- Ability to travel frequently within the local area and periodically outside of the county
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Please send your resume to: email@example.com