- Saturday, September 24 – Suitable for ages 7+ and up, “Get Hooked”, where children have the opportunity to learn about the wildlife living in the waters surrounding Randall’s Island. Activities include: fishing (catch and release), games, arts and crafts and more. Come out to the Park to learn, explore and fish! All equipment is provided.
- Saturday October 29 – Join the Randall’s Island Park Alliance as we Run the River to protect and restore Randall’s Island’s beautiful shoreline and wetland areas which provide habitat for endangered species, improve water quality, and offer space to host environmental education programs. Whether you’re an athlete in training or just want to enjoy the great outdoors, Run the River is open to runners and walkers of all ages and experience!Randall’s Island event features:
- Scenic, certified 5K race course
- Chip-timed race results
- Children’s Fun Run (all participants receive a medal!)
- Post-Race Party
- Cash awards for top 5K finishers
Each runner will receive a race-day t-shirt and more. On event day, registration begins at 9:00 AM and the race begins at 10:00 AM.
Become an Harlem World Insider - Sign-Up For Our Newsletter!