This year marks the 30th anniversary of The Doe Fund, which provides transitional housing, paid work, and supportive services to the homeless, the formerly incarcerated, veterans, and people living with AIDS from Harlem to Hollis.
Remarks will be delivered by George McDonald, founder and president of The Doe Fund; Harriet Karr-McDonald, Executive Vice President of The Doe Fund; Richard Schaps, CEO, Van Wagner Communications; Angel Lopez and Lawrence Wade, formerly homeless graduates of the Ready, Willing & Able program.
- ORANGE IS THE NEW BLACK: Laura Gomez
- THE DOE FUND: George T. McDonald, Founder
- VAN WAGNER COMMUNICATIONS: Richard Schaps, CEO
- ELECTED OFFICIALS: Members of the New York City Council,
- New York State Assembly and the New York State Senate
Excellent visuals throughout, including formerly homeless and incarcerated “men in blue” of the Ready, Willing & Able program greeting donors and sharing their stories of recovery.
Doe Fund, 232 East 84th Street, New York, NY 10028, 212-628-5207 , http://www.doe.org/