COVID-19 has put a stop to everywhere. Information is changing everywhere with each passing day and you might also be the one having a lot of questions in your mind that how you can stay safe while moving.
Yes, after the COVID-19 pandemic, you have to take some precautions and have to do additional planning when preparing for a move. You can visit here to find the most affordable moving companies that have the best COVID-19 policy in place. You must take extra steps that ensure your safety at first. Check out these tips for preparation!
- Virtual moving survey
Before this pandemic, a professional visit your home for a survey to get all the details like the stuff you had at your home. But now, to have a no-touch and germ-free moving, you should look for the virtual moving survey option. A face time or Skype survey has been taken by the professionals. With the advancement in technology, now nothing is very tough.
For the best picks, get HWM's must read newsletter!
Tips to get prepared for a virtual moving survey
- Have the device connected to a strong internet signal or wi-fi connection.
- Keep your phone or tablet on charging and ensure that it is fully charged before the video call starts.
- Keep the lights of all the rooms turned on so that the estimator can see the stuff carefully.
- Let the estimator also see the cabinets and the wardrobes to estimate the weight of the stuff that they have to move. Because only then they can provide you an accurate moving quote.
- Choose moving company carefully
It is recommended you to choose the moving company carefully which can take the suitable precautions to ensure a safe move. Reputable movers understand your safety and they take proper measures and try to have a touch-free move. First, get to know the company’s policies, only then you will be able to find the right movers for you.
- Avoid in-person contact as much as possible
The best way to prevent the spread of the virus is by avoiding in-person contact as much as it is possible. Like when you have to pass over the important documents to someone then make sure you have worn the gloves in your hands.
- Social distancing
Social distancing is only the way to save yourself from this dangerous virus. Some of the rules that had been set by the centers of disease control are:
- Don’t gather in groups.
- Try to have at least six feet of distance from anybody.
These are the best ways to save you from the coronavirus.
- Avoid touch, greet with a smile
When the movers come to your home to load all your items into the moving truck then you should avoid touch and greet them only with a smile. It is not rude. It is just the new way to greet people. Avoid touch as much as possible.
- If possible, designate a person to oversee the entire things
When you are busy doing all the tasks related to the move, it becomes very important to oversee the entire thing including your children. It is recommended you have one family member free who can interact with the moving professionals and can oversee the entire move also. This is also for supervising whether the professionals are taking proper measures to have a touch-free move or not.
- Finish packing at least one day before the movers arrive
Coronavirus is making everything getting changed. As per the CDC, it can stay last long on the surfaces of your home. It can stay for 24 hours on cardboard boxes. Your movers will lift the boxes to load them into the moving truck. This helps you to prevent the spread of the virus.
Coronavirus is a dangerous virus that spreads very rapidly. That is why it is important to take proper measures and precautions to save yourself as well as your family from this dangerous disease.
Tips after the move!!!
- Follow all the rules and regulations that have been set by the government. You should wash your hands regularly during the move. Make sure you are wearing the mask and the gloves in your hands.
- You should have soap, cleaning solutions, and hand sanitizer with you all the time. You should not pack the hand sanitizer because on a moving day also, you will require to use the hand sanitizer to keep your hand’s germs free and free from virus.
- Use the disinfectant wipes as well as sprays to clean up the areas and to make them free from viruses and bacteria.
- Keep disinfecting the items which are frequently touched by people such as mobile phone, computer, and all the other accessories.
- You should avoid touching the people during the entire move. Touch only when it is necessary and make sure you are wearing gloves when you have to touch the different surfaces.
Use all these tips to ensure that you are having a safe move while moving after the pandemic movement restrictions are over.