Brightening up your garage can be a game-changer, whether you’re using it as a workshop, storage space, or just a place to park your car.
The right amount of lighting not only makes your garage more functional but also safer and more inviting. So, how many LED lighting fixtures does your garage need? Let’s dive into the world of garage lighting and find out!
Why LED Lighting?
Before we get into the nitty-gritty of how many fixtures you need, let’s discuss why LED lighting is the best choice for your garage. LED (Light Emitting Diode) lights are energy-efficient, long-lasting, and versatile. They consume significantly less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs, meaning lower energy bills for you. Plus, LED lights can last for 25,000 hours or more, which means fewer bulb replacements.
Moreover, LEDs provide bright, uniform lighting that is easy on the eyes. They don’t flicker, and their color rendering is excellent, making them perfect for tasks that require attention to detail, such as car repairs or woodworking.
Assessing Your Garage’s Size and Layout
The first step in determining how many LED fixtures your garage needs is to assess the size and layout of the space. Measure the dimensions of your garage, including its length, width, and ceiling height. Also, consider the layout and how the space is used.
Calculating Lumens for Your Garage
Now that you have an idea of your garage’s dimensions and layout, it’s time to calculate the number of lumens you need. Lumens are a measure of the total amount of visible light emitted by a light source. To determine the required lumens, you can use this simple formula:
Total Lumens = Area (square footage) x Footcandles
Area (square footage): To find this, multiply the length of your garage by its width. For example, if your garage is 20 feet by 22 feet, the area is 440 square feet.
Footcandles: The recommended footcandle level for a garage varies depending on the purpose of the space. For general use like parking, 10-20 footcandles are sufficient. For workshops or detailed tasks, 50-75 footcandles are ideal.
Lumen Calculation: Using the formula, if you have a double-car garage that measures 440 square feet and you want 50 footcandles of illumination (for a workshop, perhaps), you would need:
Total Lumens = 440 sq ft x 50 footcandles = 22,000 lumens
Keep in mind that this calculation provides a rough estimate. It’s always a good idea to have a bit of extra lighting to ensure no dark spots in your garage.
Selecting the Right LED Fixtures
Now that you know how many lumens you need, it’s time to choose the right LED fixtures. When it comes to LED lighting, Hyperlite offers you some really good options:
Here you have some advantages of our Hexagon garage light:
- SOLID QUALITY – The honeycomb lights ceiling is made of high-quality and lightweight PC material, providing your shop with enhanced aesthetics and wider light coverage.
- SUPER BRIGHT – The 144W hexagon garage lights with up to 110 lumens per watt and easily reach 15840 lumens. Can always deliver stable light for garage, workshop and car detailing shop.
- EASILY INSTALLATION – Through the 120° Y connector and 120° 2-way connector, 24 tube lights can be freely combined to create a perfect cool light shape. Come with a 110V standard US plug and provide enough accessories for friendly easy installation.
- LONG-LASTING PERFORMANCE – With a lifespan of over 30,000 hours, our updated hexagon ceiling light is designed for long-term use. These hex lights are built to last and provide comfortable, flicker-free lighting, making them perfect for any room in your home.
- 24 MONTHS WARRANTY – HYPERLITE will provide you with a professional service for both pre and after sales issues.
LED High Bay Lights
Hero series high quality and powerful high bay led lights gives off industry-leading illumination! It’s commercial grade compatibility and with up to 140 lumens per watt, it easily becomes one of the highest performing lights in the industry. On top of all this, this light has an option for reflector cover (extra purchase) to provide up to 20% up light!
Brightness & No Shadows – Equipped with premium 2835 chips and customized anti-glare lens, Hyperlite LED High Bay Lights possess high-efficiency lighting up to 135lm/w, illuminating your workshop, barn, and garage, saving you 80% of your electric bills every year.
New Compact Design – Hyperite Linear High Bay Lights adopt metal material and compact housing design, not to mention the anti-glare lens, greatly improving the working environment’s efficiency by comfortable and bright illumination.
3-5 Minutes Quick Installation – Hyperlite LED linear lights are equipped with a V-shape hook and hanging chain. Attach the V hook to the fixture, fix the chain, and plug the cord. Only 3 steps can save you from complicated installation.
Please check our website to see all available products from our High Bay LED Lights:
Determining how many LED lighting fixtures your garage needs depends on the size, layout, and purpose of your space. By calculating the required lumens, selecting the right fixtures, and strategically placing them, you can transform your garage into a well-lit, functional, and inviting space. With LED lighting, you’ll enjoy energy efficiency, longevity, and excellent illumination for all your garage activities. So, go ahead and shed some light on your garage – you won’t regret it!
- First Glimpse: The Met’s Historic Harlem Renaissance Exhibition
- The Mayer’s Op-Ed: Social Media And Youth Mental Health
- Saxophonist Javon Jackson And Poet Nikki Giovanni Perform At NYC’s Schomburg In Harlem
- New York Leads The Nation In AI Policy
- How To Balance Caring For Your Parents With Raising A Family Of Your Own