The City’s certification programs feature the Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) Program, the Emerging Business Enterprise (EBE) Program and the Locally-based Business Enterprise (LBE) Program. We certify, promote, and foster the growth of the City’s M/WBEs and eligible small construction and construction-related businesses.
The City spends up to $17 billion per year on goods and services. Getting certified will help you compete for these opportunities and access exclusive programs to help your small business grow.
More than 5,000 businesses currently benefit from New York City Certification, and the City is committed to:
- Award $16 billion in City contracts to M/WBEs by 2025
- Award 30 percent of the value of City contracts to M/WBEs by 2021
- Increase the number of City-certified M/WBEs to 9,000 by 2019
If you need help with getting certified, attend an upcoming certification workshop.
Get M/WBE and/or LBE certified faster with New York City, if you are already certified with our partners:
- New York City School Construction Authority – www.nycsca.org/
- Port Authority of New York and New Jersey – www.panynj.gov/
- Women President’s Educational Organization – https://wpeo.us/
- New York & New Jersey Minority Supplier Development Council Inc. – nynjmsdc.org/
- Empire State Development Corporation – https://esd.ny.gov/
Make sure to select the M/WBE or LBE FastTrack application when applying online.
Learn more about the City’s efforts to ensure minority and women-owned businesses have greater access to public contracting opportunities.
Get the best Harlem news in your inbox here.
Questions? Contact us.