Brown Sugar, the popular subscription streaming service from Bounce, will feature both a curated collection and popular returning titles for August 2020, that tell stories about the power and importance of family.
The service will include all-new episodes of the hit family comedy series In The Cut.
Become a Harlem insider - Sign-Up for our Weekly Newsletter!
August’s curated collection, “Focused On Family” includes all seven seasons of Bounce’s popular series Family Time starring Omar Gooding and Angell Conwell; the 1972 film adaption of River Niger starring James Earl Jones and Harlem’s Cicely Tyson in a story about a family struggling to make ends meet while facing terminal illness; Act of Faith with John Amos, Tamala Jones, and Paula Jai Parker; JK’s House starring Robin Givens and more.
Fan favorites returning to Brown Sugar in August include:
- Monster’s Ball starring Halle Berry, Billy Bob Thornton, and Harlem’s Sean Combs in a tale about family, grief, love, and race backdropped against the U.S. prison system. Berry earned an Academy Award® for her performance.
- Cooley High featuring Lawrence-Hilton Jacobs and Glynn Turman growing up in Chicago in the 1960s trying to make their dreams come true.
- Hollywood Shuffle with Robert Townsend as a man facing a moral dilemma about the price of fame and its worth.
- I Escaped from Devil’s Island and Slaughter, both starring Jim Brown, as the leader of a group of prisoners trying to escape through shark-infested waters in, and then as a former Green Beret seeking revenge against the mafia.
- Hammer, Slammer & Slade starring Jim Brown, Isaac Hayes, and Bernie Casey as three retired cops pulled back into the game.
- The Women of Brewster Place, a multigenerational coming of age story with Oprah Winfrey, Paula Kelly, Lonette McKee and Olivia Cole.
Brown Sugar is available on Apple TV, Roku, Chromecast, Comcast Xfinity X1, Amazon Channels, Amazon Fire TV, Amazon Kindle, Android TV, Windows/Xbox, Android and Apple smartphones and tablets and web browsers via BrownSugar.com. There is a free 7-day initial trial period for subscribers with a retail price of $3.99/month thereafter. Visit www.BrownSugar.com for more information.
Brown Sugar and Bounce are both parts of The E.W. Scripps Company.
Photo credit: Cicely Tyson 1960’s.