Benefits of joining the Harlem Youth Court:
- Get PAID to help your peers!
- Complete an 8 week long summer training on youth court and juvenile justice.
- Be able to tell colleges and future employers that you served as a judge or attorney for real cases.
- Accumulate community service hours for school!
- Receive assistance applying to college – 100% of our seniors were accepted to college this past year!
The young people who are recruited to be part of this unique experience will serve as jurors, judges and attorneys, handling real-life cases involving their peers. The members work together to come up with community service projects and to help improve the lives of youth in the community. Ultimately, they will develop the leadership, communication, and critical thinking skills that will help them become future leaders of New York City.
Come to 171 East 121st New York, New York 100035. Sit down with current members, find out about their experience, the application process, and summer training.
Please share this recruitment flier with your networks. Applications can also be accepted online at http://goo.gl/wwudXJ
Teachers & Parents- You can also have your student/ child come to our office (171 East 121st Street, New York, NY 10035) to fill out an application on site on Thursday anytime between 4:30 – 7:00 pm. Please be sure to email us first.
We also encourage you to invite your friends and parents as well! Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions and your RSVP.