On Sunday, March 13th, at 2:50 pm – 4:20 pm EST, the annual Just Food Conference will take place at Teachers College, Columbia University. The event is being held in partnership with the Laurie M. Tisch Center for Food, Education & Policy.
This year’s keynote address will be delivered by six farmers of Rise & Root Farm.
Become a Harlem insider - Sign-Up for our Weekly Newsletter!
Harlem World Magazine Senior Food Editor Lil Nickelson and Contributing Editor CC Minton will present Healthy Eating and Living in your Golden Years. The panel discussion features a conversation with:
- Donte Jones, Personal Trainer,
- Lance Knowling, Executive Chef & Owner of Blujeen Restaurant
- Leticia “Skai” Young-Mohan, Restauranteur, Lolo’s Seafood Shack
- Sheryl C. Unsworth, Former Speech/Hearing Pathologist
A full day of workshops and discussions from food advocates, urban and rural farmers, and entrepreneurs will bring together over 800 community members.
- Healthy Eating and Living in your Golden Years is scheduled from 2:50pm – 4:10pm.
- The full day conference is from 9:00am – 6:30pm.
For more information and to register, visit justfoodconference.org
Teachers College, Columbia University, 525 W 120th St, New York, NY, justfoodconference.org